Pieni’s highlights of 2016
- Hills Have Eyes at Canecas Bar (Paços de Ferreira)
- Sonic Syndicate at Göta Källare (Stockholm)
- Moonspell at Pavilhão Multiusos (Guimarães)
- More Than A Thousand at Time Out Market (Lisboa)
- Testament at Coliseu (Porto)
- “Stand Up, Forward, March!” by Sister
- “Confessions” by Sonic Syndicate
- “Atoma” by Dark Tranquillity
- “When Patsy Cline Was Crazy…” by Ricky Warwick
- “Brotherhood Of The Snake” by Testament
My video top-5 is “lighter” than last year’s: two emotional, one a kind of tribute, and two funny as hell:
- “The Beat” by Satan Takes A Holiday
- “Make It Right” by Hills Have Eyes
- “I Apologize” by Five Finger Death Punch
- “The Great Disillusion” by Betraying The Martyrs
- “Call Me” by Pain
- Infraktor – a “gourmet thrash metal” all-star project who I’m proud of being close to, hence keeping tabs on. Let’s see how others will receive them.
- Hills Have Eyes – saw some new pictures of the boys in the studio. Needless to say I’m thrilled.
- Equaleft – yep, something’s still brewing…
- Five Finger Death Punch – “Got Your Six” isn’t my favorite 5FDP album but it’s still good enough. Let’s see if what they’re up to now pleases me more.
- Guns N’ Roses – this is a live expectation. I’m having totally mixed feelings about this reunion. Not even sure if I’ll go to the Portugal show, so I’m also expectant on what my final decision will be…
Happy New Year peeps!
Renata “Pieni” Lino
This entry was posted on 31st December 2016 at 4:08 pm and is filed under Editorial/Opinionated, Uncategorized with tags 2016 best of, Betraying the Martyrs, Dark Tranquillity, Equaleft, Five Finger Death Punch, Guns N' Roses, highlights, Hills Have Eyes, Infraktor, Moonspell, More Than A Thousand, Pain, Ricky Warwick, Satan Takes A Holiday, Sister, Sonic Syndicate, Testament. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.