As previously reported (read here and here), modern metal act Sonic Syndicate are back. The recordings for their 5th album have begun in Bohus Sound studios (Kungälv) with producer Roberto Laghi and the final outcome is expected to hit the stores this summer, under the Nuclear Blast label. They’re also planning on playing several festivals and tour in the fall, supporting this long awaited new album. We will keep you posted about all of this, but make sure to follow Sonic Syndicate on the official social networks in order to get more details:
Two days after the release of “Ghost Empire”, Caliban release a lyric video for “yOUR song”. As the chorus says, this is “a tribute to the faithful”, a thank-you song for their fans:
“Ghost Empire” is their 9th studio full-length and picks up where their acclaimed “I Am Nemesis” left off, carrying the promise of another batch of metalcore goodies.
- Hardcore Superstar at Koko (London)
- The End Of Grace at Rockbitch Boat (Baltic Sea)
- Hypocrisy at Hard Club (Porto)
- Skid Row at Electric Ballroom (London)
- Def Leppard at Palacio Vistalegre (Madrid)
- “Lost in Transition” by The End Of Grace
- “Wrong Side Of Heaven and Righteous Side Of Hell – vol. 1” by Five Finger Death Punch
- “C’mon Take On Me” by Hardcore Superstar
- “Daggers” by The Defiled
- “The Living Infinite” by Soilwork
In a time where live and lyric videos are getting so much popular, I’d like to show my appreciation for those who can afford to go beyond that:
- “Unspoken” by The Defiled
- “There Are Those Who Kill Violently” by Dementia 13
- “Hit On The Radio” by Blowsight
- “Rise Above The Sentiment” by Soilwork
- “California” by CrashDïet
- The End Of Grace – if I was all hyped with just an EP, I can’t wait to hear the full length!
- Sonic Syndicate – their hiatus is finally over, I’m super excited about their return.
- Sister – I only paid attention to them recently, but they won me over! I sure want to know what else they’ve got.
- Equaleft – those groovy Portuguese guys are preparing something big.
- Man.Machine.Industry – it’s been announced they’re changing things a bit… Let’s see what those changes are.
Happy New Year everyone!
Renata “Pieni” Lino
Radcliffe Civic (Radcliffe, North Manchester) will hold for the 7th time the SOS Festival. On the 19th and 20th of July a bunch of rock and metal acts will perform on two stages and the headliners of both have just been announced for the second day: I Am I will closing the line-up of The Dean Hocking Stage, while Blaze Bayley will make the honors on The Acoustic Stage.
For more info check the official website: www.sosfestival.net
Legendary bass player Peter Hook has been confirmed to play Alt-Fest with his band, The Light. And if that’s not enough for all of you post-punk lovers, then maybe this is – they will be playing Joy Division‘s “Unknown Pleasures” album in full!
Another treat is that fans will have the chance to choose which other songs Hook shall play to complete the set. In his own words: “Having played some 200 gigs with The Light now, I’ve found that the fans all have their own particular favourite tracks which they want to hear live. It’s a great idea to throw some of the set list over to the people at Alt-Fest to see what they most want to hear us play. It will be interesting to see what they come back with”.
You will be able to vote from a selection of Joy Division tracks online, via facebook.com/AlternativeFest, with the top six making Hook’s final playlist.