Earache’s Q&A with Hour Of 13’s Phil Swanson
Phil Swanson, frontman for North Carolina doom metallers Hour Of 13, has taken part in a Question & Answer session with the band’s label, Earache Records, ahead of the release of their new album, 333.
333 was recorded at Epiphonic Studios in Lenoir, North Carolina, and is due to be released on Monday, May 28th in Europe, and on July 30th in North America. The album has been hailed by Darkthrone‘s Fenriz, who recently featured Hour Of 13 in his ‘Band of the Week’ column, stating, “This new Hour of 13 album simply cannot do wrong – it is immersed in utmost respect and understanding of the ways of old”.
An excerpt from the Q&A with PHIL SWANSON follows:
Earache: The album is just about to be released to the general public, but how do you guys feel about the album now that you’ve been living with it for the past few months?
Phil: I actually feel much better about it now than when first hearing the finished mixes, as I have finally been able to listen with clean ears and an open mind, not looking for things I’d like to change or add. Now I hear it as a finished and complete record, and I am very proud of it and feel it’s our best yet.
Read the full interview here.
- Hour Of 13 – 333 (valkyrianmusic.com)
- DARKTHRONE’s Fenriz Names ENTRENCH As His Band of the Week (valkyrianmusic.com)
- Natur – Head Of Death (valkyrianmusic.com)
- Bonded By Blood Studio Update (valkyrianmusic.com)
- Evile, Cerebral Bore, Savage Messiah & Damond Plate Set To Rock Hammerfest (valkyrianmusic.com)